ABE EVENT INFORMATION
- Please make sure you confirm your start times by clicking on the ABE blog button on the ABE main page.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!! Please make sure to arrive to the festival site at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled shift, especially if you are not part of the first shift of the day. It does take time to park and walk to the office. It is very, very difficult to get everyone out to their booths if we have some people who are not on time. We appreciate your cooperation very much.
- Our office this year is located at 303 4th St. This building is on the south side of 4th St. just east of Lafayette. Here is a map. There is an entrance gate located at that intersection, and we will have some one out there directing you in. There is a paid parking garage located on Lafayette near 4th St. Space there is limited and may fill up, especially on Friday if you are starting late.
- Our uniform consists of khaki (beige) shorts or pants, orange uniform shirts, and comfortable shoes. We will have orange shirts for you at the event if you don't already have one. Please also prepare for cooler weather in the evening by bringing long sleeves that are either white or black that can go under your uniform shirt. If you already own a Premier hoodie or jacket, they can go over your shirt. Otherwise, your orange shirt must be your top layer of clothing at all times, so please prepare accordingly.
- Parking is a bit tricky for this event. I recommend using one of the parking garages in the area. There is one located on Lafayette and 5th, which is very close to our office location. There is also one at 3rd and Center streets, which is relatively close as well. There is a free lot located near 4th and Kayser, but it is several blocks from our office, and there is limited space available. You are welcome to park there, but you will need to get a pass from us, and you will have to walk to the office from the lot, or catch the free shuttle. The shuttle may take 10-15 minutes to return to the lot, so you risk being late if you depend on the shuttle. If you choose to park closer in a paid lot, the cost is usually $15 per day. Unfortunately, I cannot reimburse you for parking.
- Please bring small coolers with water and food. You will be able to keep your cooler in your booth. There is usually water at al the gates, but there may be periods of time throughout the weekend when there is not. This is not something that we provide, so it may take time once the water runs out for us to get the event to send more out. You will get breaks throughout the day to eat.
- Please email me at email@example.com if you have any pressing issues or questions that need immediate attention prior to the event.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MAIN ABE PAGE